College Application Guide

How to Apply to College

This webpage is meant to help guide you through completing your college applications. Always be sure to check college websites for full instructions, and when in doubt, see your counselor. We will be glad to help you.

GA Futures

Applying to a college through GA Futures.

This is used for many colleges in the state of Georgia.

  1. Go to and click Sign In to log in to your account.

  2. Once you are logged in, double check that all of the information on the profile tab is correct and up to date.

  3. Find the tab that says "College Planning" at the top.

  4. Scroll down and find the 4th box that says "College Applications"

  5. Find the college you want to apply to from the list and click the link that says "Apply"

  6. Follow the instructions on the application and submit any additional documents required and the application fee* (if applicable).

* If you took the SAT using a fee wavier, you also qualify for College Application Fee waivers. Scroll to the bottom to find out more

Applying to a college not on GA Futures

Some Georgia colleges and those out of state, have their own applications. They may want you to apply through their websites or another platforms such as Common App. To find out how to apply to a specific college, you should visit that college's website.

  1. Look at the homepage of the website for a tab that says "Admissions" or "Undergraduate Admissions"

  2. Follow the instructions listed on the website for how to complete their application, and how to pay any application fees.

Sending Transcripts

All colleges will require you to send an official copy of your high school transcript with your application.

How to send your transcript to a college in the State of Georgia:

You will send your transcript through GA Futures.

  1. Once you are logged in, find the tab on the left side of the page that says "My High School Transcript"

  2. Fill out that form, make sure all of your information is correct, and click submit.

How to send your transcript to an out of state college:

If you are applying to a college Out of State, you will need to fill out a hard copy of our transcript request form and turn it into Mrs. Harris in the front office. You can find that print that form here or pick one up in the office. PLEASE NOTE that there is NO FEE for current White County High School Students.

If you have taken a Dual Enrollment class during your time in high school, you also have to send your transcript from that college.

Here are links to the local colleges you may have taken dual enrollment classes with.

Please note that there is usually a fee associated with sending these transcripts.